The competition is open to singers from all nationalities aged min. 18 years on the opening day of the competition and born on or after
- 10 September 1986 for female candidates
- 10 September 1983 for male candidates
To be uploaded using the online application form available from 7th November 2017:
- A completed application form including full competition repertoire (changes are permitted until 31 May 2018)
- A photocopy of current passport
- A professional personal headshot photograph (jpg, min. 2 MB, 300 dpi)
- A professional biography (1000–3000 characters) listing professional studies, as well as competitions, master classes, stage experience over the last three years
- Video recording of two arias of the applicant’s choice matching the following criteria: one Baroque aria (from an opera, oratorio, cantata) and one opera aria from a different period (mp4, max. 250 MB each) Only high quality and recent recordings (taken on or after 31 March 2017) will be accepted. Audio recordings and other video formats will not be considered. The recording should show the applicant and his/her accompaniment (pianist, orchestra etc.) and each piece should be recorded in a single take (no editing permitted). Works presented on this recording may be included in the programme of the live competition.
Only complete application material will be considered.
A local jury headed by Éva Marton will decide on acceptance.
Application deadline to the Qualifying round:
14 March 2018
15 February 2018 for Early Birds (50% off from the 200€ application fee if passing throug the qualification)
CONFIRMATION ON QUALIFICATION:
Information on the qualification to the live competition will be given by 15 April 2018.
Qualified competitiors pay their travel and accomodation costs for their own.
Those accepted to the Preliminary round may apply to the master class held by Éva Marton following the competition (17–18 September 2018). More information will be provided to qualifying candidates.